Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pathways


I set about over the holiday break to scan in all my photos that I have taken over the years on print film. It became quite an obsession and the photos brought back a flood of memories.  But what I started to think about most are the pathways we walk down in our lives and the choices we make for ourselves.  Back in 1998 I moved to Warsaw, Poland as part of my job.  I was really looking forward to a change in my life but when the plane landed and the taxi took me to my hotel and I looked down on the city from my hotel window I asked myself out loud several times; John-what have you done?  It was March and the city was a shade of doomy gray.  I had to sleep.  When I woke up I decided to take a walk and look at the city up close.  That was the beginning of something amazing and a choice I shall never regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment